Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week long task

 I have finished my week long task of going from 100 picture frames to 40. It has been an amazing and soul searching journey. I have asked the hard questions and made the call which lead me in the end to be eternally grateful. All the memories and events that have lead me here will be forever cherished in my heart.





Any suggestion on what to do with all these empty frames?
I have learned that we have to be constantly asking ourselves what matters most in life. Was I trying to live in the past with so many pictures; we can never relive the past. The Bible says “This is the day the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in.” Was I able to rejoice with all the clutter on my walls, no I was not....

I am rejoicing tonight because I know that the pictures I kept depicted what matters most to us as a family. They show case to those who visit where our hearts lie. I am proud that not only did I set a goal, I was able to surpass it. Beginning on Friday, I was thinking keeping 45 frames would be okay, but I continue to ask the hard questions and did not allow my self to be the woman who looked in the mirror and then walked away and forgot what she saw. I saw the need to be truly self-sacrificing and as such was able to do more soul searching. We ended up keeping 39 frames and three of them are not full, they are works in progress that I will add to in the coming years.

I can do all things through him who gives me strength, God never fails us when we decide to follow His Word.
One of the many collages I made, I had forgotten how much fun it could be.
My next challenge will  be my number two collection. This coming week I will be once again counting the cost and down sizing our collection of 15 Photo albums to only two. Wish me luck.
There are a lot :)
Planning on having two albums left.
Now its your turn......