Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Choosing to Share an Inspiring Moment



We begin with the Word: Mark 10:8–9 
and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Covent Marriage is new to me. I have been married eighteen years and I only started hearing that word use about ten years ago. It is a great concept.

I am planning a few more marriage post but on this blog I tend to zig and zag a lot. I guess that happens when Christ is trying to keep you on the narrow path and you want to blaze your own trail.

When hubby and I got married 18 years ago, I was not a bridezilla. I wanted a simple wedding but on that day as we exchanged rings and said our vows, He said, "We will do this again." 

And I remember smiling for the cameras and trying to get through what was not my ideal day. The most important things WE WERE MARRIED, the deed was done.

Weeks later we would go collect the only thing we had paid for: "Our Wedding Pictures and Video."

I was say, "The best money ever spent!"

I was never quite sure it that was our wedding but the video created a memory of a wonderful event that I did not remember attending and I loved watching it.

Jump forward eighteen years and one month in our home with our three boys:

"Honey, what's the password again?"  

"Grounds for divorce!"

"I still don't know what it is."

My wild child: "I would never figure out the password, I cannot think of a reason why you would get divorce."

and my hearts sings. 


We did something right these eighteen years and one months, our children are secure that mom and dad are till death do us part.


Matthew 5:37 
Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’;anything more than this comes from evil.


We did not need a fancy term, or special contract, just a man and a woman before God making a promise.

Where are you choosing to see inspiration this week? 

If you want to check my perspective on trust in a marriage click HERE.


Enjoyed this post subscribe to Edwards Granddaughter to receive FREE updates — by email. Don’t miss a post! Also follow us on  Pinterest and Twitter and like us on  Facebook



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Tell Me A Story, Just Write, Thankful Thursday, Living Well Wednesdays, Walk With Him, #Ifellowship, Teaching What is Good