Thursday, July 28, 2011

Two for one

For this post I am linking up with Thankful Thursday and Brag on God Friday together. They compliment each other so well. As we should always brag about the things God has done, for which we are eternally thankful.

I have tried to teach My Boys by example through the Word. I consistently tell them that God rewards an obedient and joyful heart. We always obey God’s word in the Bible.

God knows best. Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

And with God working for our good. If we a sow a harvest of happy obedience, God will allow us to reap a sweet harvest someday. The question for The Boys is always WHEN. They have a very hard time seeing the rewards.

My Wild Child recently graduated from our kids program at church. Now he is a young teen, and they get to sit in adult service. He does not enjoy the adult service, but he did attend on Sunday. I was very proud of him.

After church, we decided to take The Boys out to lunch. On the way to the restaurant, we discussed that we would not be purchasing sodas because they are just too expensive. If they wanted soda, they would have to cover the cost. Soda had always been our going treat because I never buy it. Buying drinks does add a huge cost to your dinning out bill.

When we got in the restaurant and realized that drinks were included in the cost of the meal. We allowed The Boys to have their drinks. While waiting for our food the electricity in the restaurant went out. We were informed that they would not be letting anyone else in, but our our meal would be out shortly.

From my perspective, this is how God intervened and blessed us. Because The Boys we willing to be content in all circumstances, God not only allowed them to have soda. He also allowed our family to be blessed with an unexpected free meal.

We should always be willing to point out the miracles in the little day to day things. From prayers answered too unexpected gift, they should all be celebrated. We had not eaten out in a long time. Sticking to a very strict budget. My husband had been riding his bike into work, and we were planning to use the money he had saved to pay for this meal.  

Just like in Matthew 15 where Jesus fed the four thousand, he fed a family of five. I made my children very aware of how God was blessing them.

This was not the first time that God granted us an unexpected gift. Last month our insurance was will to reconsider a bill I had no means of paying. Most people believe that insurance companies never reverse decisions, but in our case I was delighted that they did. I know in my heart that is was another blessing from God. I am very thankful to know Him and have Him in my life.

I am positive that there are many ways God intervenes in my life everyday that blesses me. Another busy week is almost over and I am thankful for God’s many blessings.

If you want to share something you are thankful for or how God has blessed your life, hop on over to Thankful Thursday and Brag on God Friday's blog hop. As always please leave a comment........