Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Choosing to Turn The Other Cheek


What does this Matthew 5:38-40 look like in action?

Some one took my credit card and used it without asking. I felt violated all day. They took a place I loved and tarnished it.
 
I do not usually get all upset about people stealing things. This was not the first time some has had fun on my credit card. We cannot live in this world and avoid these events. I accept that these thing happen.
Matthew 6:19
 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,where moths and vermin destroy,
and where thieves break in and steal. 
During my life span I have had:
  • my home robbed, locks only do so much.
  • I have been mugged, but it was not that bad
  • I have had my bank account emptied by an unknown person
  • I had some one enjoy Paris on my master card, and I only wished it was me.
 
After all the experiences listed above, I am choosing to continue trusting people, evil wins when Good people fail to take a stand.
 
What happened this time?
 
I am not sure what happened. I do know that someone, whom I am choosing not to name, brought an item on my credit card using my Amazon account.  I am choosing to turn the other cheek.
 
Romans 8:31
What, then,
shall we say in response to these things?
If God is for us,
who can be against us
?
 
What I did!
 
Called credit card company and was assured that they would take care of this and I would not be charged.  
 
Called Amazon, Yes I chose to call Amazon.  (bible verse on handling disputes) I wanted to make them aware that my account had been compromised. I do not use or store credit card information on the Amazon site.  The credit card number used was never associated with my Amazon account.
 
I get that credit card fraud seems like a victim less crime. Credit card companies charge outrageous interest and make millions on the backs of hard working people. It is an easy crime to justify but stealing is stealing and I still feel very victimized.
 
The crime is even more violating when you do not know. I do not know how or why this person chooses to access my information. I do not know how much of my information they have. I do not know what they will choose do with the information in the future. I can no longer feel safe using Amazon my mind will continuously be wondering if this person still has access to my account.   
They have taken a portion of my choice away.
James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 
When the dust had settled and I began to process what had happened I chose to:
 
  • Say a prayer for this individual
  • I hope this was just an honest mistake, some computer problem I cannot see.
  • I reserve judgment because all have sinned and fallen short. Only God's sees the entire picture.
  • I prayer that the item brings them to a place where they can see Jesus and that they will use what they have gained in a more positive way.
Proverbs 30:8-9
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;give me neither poverty nor riches,but give me only my daily bread.Otherwise, I may have too much and disown youand say, 'Who is the LORD?'Or I may become poor and steal,and so dishonor the name of my God.
I was thankful:
  • That I have my daily bread
  • That my children and husband are safe
  • That this will not cost me financially
  • That I have Jesus to Shepherd my life
  • That this violation reminded me where my real treasure is
  • That I am unwilling to justify my sin or compromise my beliefs.
  • That repentance is available to everyone include me. I did not start out this journey here but had to be reminding by my Shepherd to turn the other cheek.
I will continue to choose to use the Internet to simplify my life, to share my choices and build relationships with you my readers and friends.
 
My charge today Choose to keep
Matthew 6:12-13
And forgive us our debts,   as we also have forgiven our debtors.And lead us not into temptation,    but deliver us from the evil one.
 
in your heart. For whom will you choose to turn the other cheek?
 If you enjoyed this post, please stay awhile and read and choose to share Edwards Granddaughter with a friend. You can also subscribe by email and like us on Facebook, join us on Pinterest and Twitter. You can also email me @ Edwardsgranddaughter.gmail.com.