Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Friends

Yesterday, I did my first Wordless Wednesday. I just had an overly busy day and knew the pictures would lead into my Thankful Thursday’s post.

I posted pictures of the many friends who have passed through my life in the last seventeen years. I am thankful for each one of them and knows that God placed them in my life.

It is challenging saying goodbye to your friends every few years. Going to a new place can be stressful. You are not sure what the environment or people will be like.   

I consider myself to have been blessed by God in his choices of neighbors and communities. Many of my neighbors have become life long friends. From borrowing a cup of sugar to killing those terrifying bugs when your husband is missing.


John 15:13(NIV) Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.


In the three to four years that I have lived near them, these women have lived out this scripture in my life. I have had women support and help me when I was alone and ill.

I am thankful that God (Acts 17: 26-27) determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. So I would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him. Because of God’s grace I get to be friends with these wonderful ladies. Thank you!
If you want to share something you are thankful for, hop on over to Thankful Thursday blog hop.