Thursday, July 14, 2011

Books worth reading

There are so many crappy biographies … would you rather read a poorly-written biography of a fascinating life, OR an exquisitely well-written, wonderful read of one of a not-so-interesting life?

With so many books left to read and so little time available for reading why would we read either. I think the readers of the world should stand up for all books being exquisitely well-written and interesting. It is time to stop settling so that others can make a quick buck. 


When I was between the ages of eleven and sixteen, I read anything I could get my hands on. My only requirement was that I could read it, but then I had a lot of time on my hands. Now that I am a mother and have other responsibilities, I am a lot harsher with my choices. My time is more valuable and if I am taking time away from my children to read a book, it needs to be well-written and very interesting, life changing. A biography that will inspire me to action and have a real impact on my life.    


What are you choosing to read.......