Monday, August 8, 2011

Praising God


My top ten praise and worship songs. When I need to tune in, clear my head and focus on how great my God is these are the songs that remind me.
1. God is in Control
The reminder that God is in control. When the boys were little I liked God is bigger than the boogie man, Veggie Tales. I have grown up in my praise and worship choices. This song is a daily reminder, least satan makes me forget, that God is in control. When the emotions comes, I have hidden in my heart that God is in control of all things. 

2. Great is the Lord
The Lord is great, he is holy and just, he is faithful and true. It uplifts up my soul knowing and hearing those words. A great message to begin your day with.

3. Awesome God
I cannot think of a better praise song. God you are awesome. Your wisdom, your power, your love is worth praising.

4. I can only Imagine
My boys ask all the time what will it be like and I respond I can only imagine. When I am finally surrounded by God's glory, I can only imagine what it will be like.

5. On day at a time, Sweet Jesus
This really is all we can ask of God, to take life one day at a time. I love the concept of living in the here and now. I will take it one day at a time, not worrying about the future or the past. Just the day that the Lord has made.

6. Just a closer walk with thee
Every day that I am on this earth I want to walk closer with 
God. Just a little closer everyday is all I ask. Knowing God is 
walking with me, bring me great comfort. Daily walking close 
to Thee.


7. Open the eyes of my Heart
I want God to open the eyes of my heart so I can see Him. As we read through the Bible people seem to lose the desire to see God. I want my heart open to him so that I can see Him here on earth. 


8. Thy word
This was one of the first scriptures that struck a cord with me as a child and I have always claimed it. God's word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path. I can always turn to it and have guidance. 


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
When I feel afraid think I lost my way
Still You're there right besisde me
Nothing will I fear 
As long as You are near and please be near me to the end

Chorus:
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path

I will not forget your love for me and yet 
My heart forever is wandering
Jesus be my guide and hold me to Your side
And I will love You to the end

9. I'd Rather have Jesus
I would rather have Jesus. Is this not what life is about? Choosing Jesus over everything else. 
Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

10. Lord, I want to be a christian
I want to be these things. At times I need to be reminded after a long day that I want to be more loving, more holy, and more like Jesus in my heart. I played this a lot when the boys were little. There is nothing like a crying baby to show us our need to be more loving. This is a love from the heart, from God, not from obligation.


 I will admit that I play these songs daily. I have a total of 24 on a few CD that I play. They calm me. They help me to praise and worship my Lord, daily. I play them in the car and in my home. I never tire of hearing them. 


What songs help you to praise and worship.....
Linking up with Top Ten Tuesday and Walk with Him Wednesday