Monday, August 22, 2011

Ten Prayers From the Book of Psalms

As I read through the book of Psalms. These are some of the verses that reminded me what I needed to pray for. These are some heart felt and meaningful words to God.
1. Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


2. Psalm 51 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.


3. Psalm 119: 28 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.


4. Psalm 119: 33 Teach me, LORD, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. 
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart. 
35 Direct me in the path of your commands, 
for there I find delight. 
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. 
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things preserve my life according to your word.
 5. Psalm 119:66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands.
6.  Psalm 119:144 Your statutes are always righteous; give me understanding that I may live.
7. 139:23 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
8. Psalm 141:3 Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. 4 Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds 
along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies.
9. Psalm 143:8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. 
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
10. Psalm 150: 1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. 
2 Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. 
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, 
4 praise him with timbrel and dancing, praise him with the strings and pipe, 
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
   Praise the LORD.

Dearest Lord;
God you are wonderful and amazing. 
I thank you for all you have done in my life. 
I thank you for my husband, for my three boys and for the blessed life you have given me. 
I pray that my life with honor you and that I continue to strive to follow you. 
God please allow my thoughts and words to be pleasing in your sight. 
Give me a pure heart and a steadfast spirit when I am weary with sorrow. 
Strengthen me by teaching me your laws. 
Give me understanding and good judgment to obey you with all my heart. 
Direct my path, turning my eyes and heart away from worthless and selfish things. 
Search me, because you know my heart and see if there is any offensive way in me, so you can direct my heart in the way everlasting. 
Keep my heart from evil, show me the way I should go and let the morning bring me word of you unfailing love for I will trust in you. 
Amen. 
Linking up with Top Ten Tuesday