Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Grace Filled Reminder

A confession: I lost my focus over the holiday weekend. My Excuse: I have a lot to do preparing for our up coming move. My mind was racing with so much going on around me. I just could not focus.
My thought process: I can catch up on The 90 Day Bible Challenge later when there is less to do. I kept telling my self that with so much to do I would not be able to focus on the reading. Why read for an hour when my spirit is not calm? I would not get anything out of the reading with my mind elsewhere, but where was my heart?

My head my have been in the clouds. I might have been multitasking – doing too many things at once. Where was my heart for God?

Was skipping my time with God helpful? Did I accomplish more? Did it bring me peace and comfort?

Lamentations 3
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

My repentance: God reminded me that he is my first love. I should seek him first in all things.

I know that with three boys I am homeschooling and a household to manage, my feet hit the ground running in the morning. If I do not put God first, I can never fit him in later.

Yesterday morning when I awoke at 5 a.m., I did my Bible reading. My motivation was not to get on track with Bible in 90 Days: Day 60 but I wanted to spend time with my God. What He taught and reminded me that morning was in my quiet personal space with Him, He creates a God and me bubble. He calms my spirit for the day and grants me grace and peace.

In recommitting my first things to Him, I was able to see my heart for God and my natural desire to read His word throughout the day. With that came the added blessing of reading for about two hours at the doctor’s office yesterday.

It is amazing how the things that need to be done are always accomplished. Let us all remember to never put God second.

I am still one day behind on the Bible in 90 days but the reason i HEARTED this was to start back reading through my Bible on a regular basis.