1. There are no more original ideas. Once a movie is made it seems like everyone copies it.
2. Remakes just ruin a good thing.
3. Sequels are just remakes, with a slightly different character.
4. No matter how hard I try I can never get my two hours back.
5. No multitasking is allowed in the theater. It is once place where you are a hostage to just sitting there.
6. I have way too much going on to waste three hours, includes the time driving to the theater
7. Books are better. Haven’t you noticed that book is always better than the movie?
8. I gain nothing from the experience but a migraine.
9. The biggest deciding factor against movies is: Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. When was the last time a movie passed the Philippians 4:8 test?
10. Another test it fails for me is the 1 Corinthians 10:23
“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive.
Is there a benefit to watching movies, I just do not see it. I need to learn something for a movie to be constructive. I am just not its just entertainment girl.
Disclaimer: These are my personal views about how I see movies and television in my life. They do not help me to draw nearer to God, my Husband or my Children. It may seem a little hard line but it is my personal conviction.