Friday, October 14, 2011

Sequels

 One of my new blog goals is to pass along a scripture in every post. God and his word are major parts of my life. They are always with me and I know every part of my life reflects that.

When I got tonight email for the Brag on God post, I had already thought about my post.

Some of the ways I handle discouragement:
1. I go to the scriptures where God promises are clear. 
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Hebrews 13:5 God has said,
   “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”[a]
 6 So we say with confidence,
   “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. 
   What can mere mortals do to me?”

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
31 If God is for us, who can be against us?

2. I count my blessing both big and small. My smallest blessing right now is that my children have a vision of home. Over the years I have created in them a sense of home.

3. I pray, asking God to give me strength and the ability to see my cup as full.       

4. I find acceptance in the no. No guides us on the narrow paths.

When discouragement comes it is truly a blessing to be able to turn to God and his word.

Laura Krokos goes a great job with these posts every week and I enjoy reading and learning from her post. Her post tonight reminded me, that all we go through is to glorify God. And I look forward to joining her in November for
such a cool concept.

It is never about us, only about the glory that is God.