Monday, November 7, 2011

Blessings

Counting your blessing by tens really serves to change your perspective. The choice to count your blessing allows us to see how much has been accomplished.
Luke 17:6 6 He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you." Here Jesus is telling us that even with a small amount of faith we can still do great things for God.
What is faith?

Hebrews 11:1 answers that question: "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."  

Counting our blessing is one way we can choose to build our faith. Processing the end of another year and planning for the beginning of another I wanted to share some life altering thanks.

1. I am alive, I have made it to the end of another year and have the opportunity to repent and serve God more fully in 2012. 

2. For my trials, as they serve as a reminder that I must be doing God’s work.

3. That God reminded me of Leanna on her birthday and guided my heart to honor her in my post. Gone but fondly remembered. For those who are wondering, she died at 38 (April 16, 2011) after a two year battle with breast cancer, it was so quick. God's plan is always best, her work here was done.

4. Very grateful to God that my twelve-year-old son, is alive, he survived a concussion earlier this year.

5. Even when removed from my planned, well-organized environment I can still fix my eyes on Christ.

6. That my fourteen year old choose to make God, Lord of his life, and was baptized for the forgiveness of his sins in October

7. My marriage continues to become all that God intended.

8. For my health challenges, the migraines, and sensitivity makes one reliant on God and very thankful for everyday.

9. For the baby, who is becoming less of a baby everyday

10. Let the Christmas music begin as I look forward to all the blessing to come.

What are some the blessings you are choosing to be thankful for in this season?