Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Will Trust The Lord

I am continuing on my journey of giving thanks.



This pin from Pinterest has 11 great reason to be thankful.


1. I am thankful for these two scriptures:

 Psalm 31:14-15
 14 But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD;
 
 I say, “You are my God.”
 15 My times are in Your hand; 

Psalm 56:3-4
 3When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
    4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust;
I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?


2. I am thankful that I have a plan to stay diligent in life without complaining


I mediate on the scriptures when I start feeling like I have a right to complain. My mind always seem to travel to Hebrews 12:4 --  In my struggle against sin, I have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood. 


There is comfort in knowing I do not have to shed blood to take control of my thoughts, I just have to fix my eyes on Christ because I know (2 Corinthians 5:14) that Christ’s love compels me, to take my thoughts captive when they are not helpful and uplifting. If what I am thinking will not help another person I need not be thinking it. 


3. That I persevered with braiding my sons hair. It may take me eight hours each time but we are both learning a great deal of patients. He even remarked that he was doing better with sitting. It is amazing how far we have come.


4. For a great book and blog called Mind Change, it really help me in finding God's perspective. 


5. My favorite excerpt from the book:
6. For the grace of blogging.


7. The hearts that are my family.


8. For my son's love of animals, which got us Chewy whom we all adore


9. That it is November First


10. Thankful people are reading @ Edwards Granddaughter


11. for sharing with Top Ten TuesdayOn your heart Tuesday