Monday, October 31, 2011

Waiting


Thing I am doing to keep my heart open to God leading while I am waiting for His answer to the next step in my life.



Fasting - wanting my comfort to be from God not Food


Source: imgfave.com via Eileen on Pinterest
Praying - continuing my relationship with him through speaking to Him each day. Sometimes we stop seeking God because we feel He is not answering but we need to be persistent widows. Continuing to bring our request before him. 
Luke 18:3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'
Spending time in the word - I am reading The Pursuit of Holiness and Just Enough Light for The Step I Am On


Focusing on the here and now: realizing I am right where God wants me to be and focusing on the things I can do for Him here.


Counting My Blessing: I will continue counting my blessing by tens this week. When facing trials it helps to focus on what God has already done for us. During those moments of how long Lord, how long, we can focus on the blessing. 



My semi-planned week @ Grandmas  
1. Homeschooling will continue this week as we get more organized.

2. My gnats are gone.  
What I thought worked best:
  • placed half a moth ball in each cup to kill the larvae.
  • stopped watering them since they live in the dirt
  • place clear tape around the plant cups to prevent further infection.
  • emptied one fourth of the topsoil out to get out the eggs.
  • washed the roots of the plant that I think started the infection.

3. I worked on cleaning up and organizing my computer and internet sites. 

4. Working on my pray list: 
  • Praying for friends who have needs. If you would like me to pray for you please leave your request in the comments. I would be honored to do so.
  • God to open my eyes to learning and growing opportunities before me.
  • The continual softening of my children’s hearts. 
  • Pray for our housing situation 

5. I did six blog post this last week. This is quickly becoming my number of weekly post.
 Posting:
  6. Un Halloween
  7. I missed my seventh post this week. I want to make some blog changes and experiment with things so please bear with me.


6. I need to get into a guess rhythm of life. 

7. I am still maximizing my mornings during the fall session. It is so fun having that extra incentive to get up early.  

8. I am excited to take part in 
Beholding Glory
over @ Beholding Glory. 

9. Trying to decide how to earn some money.