Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Top Ten

Here is a list from the frivolous to meaningful:

 1. I thankful for for the promises of God and how faithful He has been to me in 2011.


 2. My husband has thanksgiving off this year and we will be celebrating together.


 3. For the support of great friends, always needed and never too far away.


 4. I thankful for all that God has shown and taught me through my 3 handsome and wonderful boys.


 5. For the conviction in January to start living with less, because now that our household goods are in storage I am handing things pretty well. After months of training I can live with less.


6. For the scriptures that guided me this year which bore fruit:  

Romans 5:5
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Philippians 2:3-4 
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. 
I can say that I am choosing to let go of my perspective and my desire to be right, so that your spirit of peace will prevail in all circumstances.


7. For having a place to say where our entire family can be together while we waiting for housing and also for how quickly we seem to be moving up the list.


8. For beautiful place settings

9. For this charmed life I continue to live, I am so grateful for all forty of them.

Ecclesiastes 3:12-14 
 12 I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, 13 and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor—it is the gift of God. 
14 I know that whatever God does,  It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it.  
God does it,

10. That thanksgiving is the official start of the christmas holiday so I can:
So this week begins the holiday season, a time of reflection, celebration, family, and hope as we plan for the new year. Remember that we have the power to choose to be great examples of Philippians 2:3-4 for our family, friends, and those we meet during this hectic season.