Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Abiding in His Grace


The thing I was most thankful for this morning was my husband making me tea each morning. I thought it great that since I asked him to make me tea each morning everyday I have woken up to a nice warm ready to drink up of tea. It may seem like a small thing but it really gets my day off to a great start. I am so thankful that he has so diligently blessed me with this gift.

As I started praying this morning, I had one major request. Lord let us have a definite move in date for our home. I had not resolved in my heart when that date should be. I just wanted to know what date we would be moving in to what would become our new home.

The blessings of the Lord are unimaginable when we rely on Him. Every Wednesday for the two months, my husband has faithfully called the housing office to see where we are on the list and today they called him. Someone has canceled and there was a house available that we could move in on December 27. We had been praying for this miracle as we were told that a slot would not be open till around March.

Needless to say, we rushed over to the housing office to sign the lease without even seeing the house. They were surprised we wanted to sign the lease without seeing the house, but I just kept thinking God has blessed us so much this has to be the house for us.   

The five of us are over the moon with joy and secure in the knowledge that God is paving our way in the world. We will be ringing in the New Year in our new home, no longer suspended above Virginia but settling in.

The thing that we choose to persevere in were:
  • Reading our Bibles daily
  • Persistent Pray and asking other to pray for us
  • We did the Hard Things Now – by challenging our selves and children to be grateful and make the best of the blessings God had already provided.
  • Showing gratitude for our friends who so gracious opened their home to us.





SomeGirlsWebsite.com