Wednesday, December 28, 2011

invited me in


Matthew 25:34-40
   34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’   37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
I am thankful for great friends. The kind, who took us in when we needed a place to stay. Who invites you in and says I want this to be your home too. Whose lovely daughter gave us her room for the past four-weeks, giving us privacy from our own children.

They provided a space where we could feel at home and be together as a family. The kindness they provided helped us when we really needed it.

At just the right moment God provides for our very basic needs. We just have to be humble enough to accept it.
Proverbs 30:7-9 7 “Two things I ask of you, LORD;
   do not refuse me before I die:8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
   give me neither poverty nor riches,   but give me only my daily bread. 9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
   and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’Or I may become poor and steal,   and so dishonor the name of my God.
He did not give me poverty nor riches but just provided for our daily needs and in that I have been blessed.

The service provide in the form of friendship allowed us to be together as a family but it also allowed the children to start making friends in their new state. I will be reaping the harvest planted these past four weeks for years to come.
  
We are over so happy and excited to be moving into our new place but will forever be thankful for The Greens and our time with them.