Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rejoicing Skipping Ahead







Do you skip ahead in a book? Do you feel badly about it when you do?




The only time I feel bad is when I skip the genealogy in the Bible, all those names, and I think of 

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Convicting! 


But, when reading a regular book, skipping ahead means I am speed reading because I am not getting anything out of the book. This is when I am determined to find some value in the book because it was highly recommended. 


Books speak to each of us differently and sometimes, we just have to let it go and read something more meaningful. 


Choosing in 2012 to skip the entire book, so I can read more of what impacts my heart.
What are you Choosing in 2012?