Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rejoicing Input

When I lived in Texas and my first little one was only six months old, I listened all day long to a children's radio program. One of the concepts that they often talked about was "Garbage IN = Garbage OUT." As a christian beginning motherhood, I learned about many things I have used with my children since then.

My time in Texas was only four months and I was very isolated from friends and family. Most days and nights it was just Baby and me. I know that although I did not agree with every concept on this station, God had sent it as a comfort for me in a time of need. I grew a lot as a mother in those four months and knew that I would be sure to stop putting Garbage IN = because I wanted Christ to come out.

Over the years we slowly became the PBS family, not because we watched PBS, but because I would always play children's Christian music for my boys. As they are now making teen choices, my heart is at rest with God. They have been taught "Garbage IN = Garbage OUT" and it has served me well so far.

Here is what I Choose to put into my heart this week:








What we choose to listen, watch and read influences what come out of our hearts. If we want the words of our mouths and the meditation of our hearts to be acceptable to God, we must make use we are not putting Garbage IN.


What did you choose to put into your mind and heart today?