Thursday, February 9, 2012

Five Books to Read Again


If you had to pick only 5 books to read ever again, what would they be and why?’


I guess if I had to pick five in total. I will choose one from each of the important categories in my life.

 I would first pick the BIBLE.
1. The Bible because it has and continues to have a profound impact on how I live my daily life. It comforts and guides me. It is the foundation of me.

2. Reading to my children: they are so many but right now Petunia is my favorite. She says in the end "Now I understand. It was not enough to carry wisdom under my wing. I must put it in my mind and in my heart." So it is not enough to carry my Bible I must have it in my mind and my heart. So profound for a duck.

3. The Four Season's of Marriage: Chapman explains how to find out what season of marriage you are in and gives good advise on how to change or stay in a particular season. The best thing about the book was that the principles he suggested does not require your spouse to know that you are doing them. It is a marriage how too that lets you stand alone and except responsibility for the direction of your marriage.

4. That's My Teenage Son because it really helped me learn to be more understanding of my boys and placed a new spin on how I talk to them. This was an encouraging read and the author does understand boys.

5. Here is the hard one picking the last book and I am conflicted, after much thought I will go with Amish Peace. Why, this book changed the way I looked at my life, family and our choices. I want to become Amish after reading this book. I start my year off by reading this book. It help me see the need to simplify my life, draw closer to God and be really grateful for my computer.
Hoping you enjoy my five choices for my Booking Through Thursday post.