Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 7 Goals


My focus scripture for this week is

On going Projects:
1. Meal planning - creating a basic guide menu
2. Creating a weekly routine
3. Organizing the Boys toys
4. My Homemakers Challenge Post
5. Change of address cards
6. My poster board scriptures for the year 


My goals for this week are:

1. Homeschooling

2. Meal planning

3.IntentionalByGrace.com 
Praying daily for my hubby with accountability from LeighAnn at Intentional by Grace. You can join us or just read about her journey at A Surrendered Marriage

3. Blogging daily, I am trying to write my post in the early morning so I post at night. Writing ahead will be interesting because I blog from inspiration, what lesson from above I am learning daily.


Last week blog roll:
1. My elusive seventh post was interrupted by a nasty head cold. I hope to be on mend this week.
7. Week 6 Goals  

4. Keeping my pray list updated. 
              Praying for friends who have needs. 
              Praying for the women in Group 95 Hello Morning Challenge.
              God to open my eyes to the learning and growing opportunities before me.
              The continual softening of my children's hearts
              For the new relationships that we are all building and that we are all open to sharing our hearts and lives.


I am looking for a good iPhone prayer app. Please leave me a comment if you have found a good one. 



5. As an AC for the Hello Morning Challenge with Inspired to Action I will be sharing a verse from Psalms each day that goes with the Run to Him bible study. This week Psalms are 40, 22, & 37. My new wake up time is five; I find placing the alarm in the bathroom really helps with this. This worked really well for me, so I am continuing to do it. 

6. My focus scripture for this week is from my Run to Him study. This verse impacted my heart:

Psalm 37:25-26
I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread. 

They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be blessed.

And the question was “Am I generous?” Lately I have not felt very generous. They have been many circumstances where I have felt anything but generous. How generous do I have to be? Choosing a simple life and being generous can be complicated when those around are not choosing the same. Then at church this scripture was shared:

2 Corinthians 9:6-7
Remember this:
Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give,
not reluctantly or under compulsion,
for God loves a cheerful giver.

 Am I sowing sparingly? Do I give reluctantly or under compulsion?

I will mediate on these two scriptures as I evaluate my daily life. Within every action and decision will be choosing to answer the question Am I generous.


7. This week I will try to finish reading:   I had stopped to complete simplifying my kitchen. Tsh has a good check list of kitchen must have.  

My basic goal for the year is to finish reading a book per week. I am quickly falling behind and I need a real committed reading time. 

8. Working out for an hour each day. I am trying different programs for this. This week we will be comparing the WII active to the Xbox 360 version to see which one I will stick with.

9. Organizing the boys play room, mainly for our eight year old. Letting him enjoy beginning 8 has been heavy on my heart. Spent more time playing with and reading to him, than actually organizing but that was more important.

10. Organizing my computer files.  
What are you hoping to accomplish this week?

Linking with: Becolorful