Thursday, March 8, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Sequels


Welcome to my week Booking Through Thursday post. The one day, I choose to share my love of books. The question:

Ted asks:
Which non-series book would you most like to read the sequel to? Do you have any wishes for what might happen in it?

I enjoy the speculation about what happens after I close the book. I like being able to imagine their lives continuing. The great thing about books is: they allow our imaginations to work and inspire us by leaving us to wonder what happens next. There is no fiction book I would love to read a sequel too.

In the non-fiction books I thought about the book Do Hard Things, a great book for preteens about maximizing your teenage years. I some time want non-fiction books that are meant to inspire to have a second more practical book tell the how to.

I am happy to note that Do Hard Things has a second book called START HERE: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are. I am thankful that this question guided me to the second book. My son will be very happy to hear about this.

Adding Book Reviews:

I had always planned to add my book reviews to this post. I am really proud of me. I finished listening to an audio book. I had a hard time embracing this concept and making the time to try it.

I listened to Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper yesterday. This was my third attempt. I did it, even with all the interruptions I was able to listen to and process this book.

What did I gain from my listening?

This is a wonderful, thought provoking, inspiring book. I will not go into details but it is a life-changing book. If you have not read this book I strongly suggest that you read or listening to it.

I will be listening to this book for my birthday every year. Using that time to ask the question “Am I wasting my life” and choosing to make any necessary changes.

What book would you love to see a squeal too or just recommend that you read this week?