Monday, March 19, 2012

A Public Quiet Time


Edwards Granddaughter is about a few things. It is first, a place were I choose to glorify God through sharing the choices I make. I blog daily from my heart in hopes of inspiring my readers to actively choose in your life because when we choose to do nothing we are in essence choosing to let life choose for us.


The outcome does not always matter, the choosing does.


Today, I choose to share that I am a little disappointed. I am trouble and having a hard time choosing what to share. Choose I must and so I go to God and as always to Ecclesiastes 3:4.



1. a time to weep and a time to laugh, 
   
a time to mourn and a time to dance,


Today I am choosing to be sad for a time, letting my heart sort it self out after a trying time on Sunday. I need time to process and is that not what this scripture reminds us, to choose to take time to process.


Do you have scriptures your heart calls out for them your soul is weary?


I admit to begin quite the tech girl and so we scroll to Proverbs 3, a childhood favorite.



2.5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
   
and lean not on your own understanding; 

6 in all your ways submit to him, 
   
and he will make your paths straight.

Yes, Lord I trust you work out the sadness I do not understand and to lead me in the truth.



We are returning to psalm 103 in the Run to Him Study and I find comfort in verse:


3. 8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, 
   
slow to anger, abounding in love.

Jeremiah 29, the heart of my wedding invitation and the comfort of life. God’s sees my future as only He can and there is a plan for me.


4.11 For I know the plans I have for you,” 
declares the LORD, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
 plans to give you hope and a future. 
12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, 
and I will listen to you. 
13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

We only need to seek Him daily.  I choose to seek the Lord by reading His Word and praying throughout the day for His guidance.


As women when we process our emotions it really is choosing not to be reactive but to take a time out and work things out. I have had this scripture taped to my bathroom mirror and now it is thankfully taped to my heart.



5. Proverbs 14:1


The elephant in the room here is am I building my house or allowing my emotions to tear my house down. Am I wise or foolish?


6. Micah 6:8



In my sadness am I choosing to do what God requires of me?


I started this article saying that I was disappointed and that the disappointment of yesterday has saddened my heart. I was uncertain about where this post was going; I just knew that I had chosen to share. I am lead to this question: Is disappointment a form of judging? Am I judging a person or situation? Matthew 7:


7. 1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 
2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, 
and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

This question leads me away from the Bible and to a dictionary. It is okay to be sad but is disappointment judgment. Disappointment is never used in the Bible. The dictionary defines disappointment as the feeling of sadness or displeasure caused by the non-fulfillment of one's hopes or expectations. Yes, that is what I am feeling but it is selfish to be upset at another for not fulfilling MY hopes or expectations of them. 



Am I dying to self? Matthew 16:24

8. 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples,
“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves
and take up their cross and follow me.

My heart should be sad. I should be saddened by my response. I am called to love like Jesus loved.


9. My walk this morning leads me to 1 Corinthians 13 where I am reminded to ask am I loving like God calls me too?

4 Love is patient, 
love is kind. 
It does not envy, 
it does not boast, 
it is not proud. 
5 It does not dishonor others, 
it is not self-seeking, 
it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs. 
6 Love does not delight in evil 
but rejoices with the truth. 
7 It always protects, 
always trusts, 
always hopes, 
always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.

10. As I end this post, my heart is a little lighter. I came to see that as always my journey through life begins and ends with me. My final scripture is James 1:22-25

22 But be doers of the word, 
and not hearers only, 
deceiving yourselves. 
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word 
and not a doer, 
he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 
24 For he looks at himself and goes away 
and at once forgets what he was like. 
25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, 
and perseveres, 
being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, 
he will be blessed in his doing.

I have looked in to the perfect law and found that I was lacking in grace, compassion and love. Father, forgive me for I knew not what I did. Choosing to deal with the woman in the mirror and to share it with all of you.
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe and watch my journey unfold. 



Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings