Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Should I Choose to Plan


I feel that I lost another day and I am uncertain as to where it went. Mr. Nobody took my day and flushed it down the toilet and I realized that I am lacking organization. I hit a literal dead end.


I did not complete my Bible reading yet and decided to study out planning in the Bible.


I was surprised by what I found. They are no scriptures that command us to plan
Proverbs 6:6-8
Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!It has no commander,no overseer or ruler,yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.


This is the go to scripture for planning but do you think ants plan. I might find it hard to imagine them sitting around making to do list and conference calls. They do not have a committee to build a new nest. So it leaves me to wonder what about the ant God wants me to try to consider. 


Proverbs 15:22
Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.


There are many places in the Bible were we are commanded to seek advise on our planning. There is an expectation that we will plan. This is what humans do.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do,and your plans will succeed.


and

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course,but the Lord determines his steps.


When we do plan, we must leave room for God and except that he provides with gladness. I love the concept that God has already laid out my steps for the day. I should repent of thinking my day was not great because He planned it for me. God could have though, "This girl needs a break and I will schedule her one."

Proverbs 19:21
Many are the plans in a man’s heart,but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.
When our plans do not include the Lord's purpose we end up like Jonah in the belly of the whale. Was I not choosing to focus on my purpose today? 

Proverbs 21:20
In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil,but a foolish man devours all he has. 


We have to plan in order to store thing or we have nothing left to store. If we do not plan what we will do with our money, it will soon be gone and we would not know where it went. Here we are being told that the wise plan
Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow,for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

I want to be wise and still humble enough to accept what God sends. I want to surrender to His control. 

2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “If a man will not work, he shall not eat.”


What makes the ants wise is that they work. You would have to wonder where they would find the time to plan. I have never seemed a group of ants just hanging out. They have no distractions, just the knowledge that they need food and shelter. The ants work so that they shall eat.  

Time to restock and decide where I am headed. What I walked away with is that God expects me to plan within his purpose for my life. He created humans to plan. He knew that I would plan but He wants me to be like the ant and work hard.


So I am making a to-do list of sorts.

For tonight I will:

On Thursday I will:



Today was just missing that since of accomplishment. I accomplished a serve migraine, and I hope this post is coherent. 


I chose to commit to doing the Lord's will. If it is God’s will I will live and complete this to do list.

James 4:13-15
Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”


What will you be choosing tomorrow? 


Are you choosing to leave room for the Lord's will? 


Comment about one thing you plan to do on Thursday and I will update this post with my progress in the comments also.

Enjoyed this post subscribe to Edwards Granddaughter to receive FREE updates — by email. Don’t miss a post! Also follow us on  Pinterest and Twitter and like us on  Facebook



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner