Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Choosing Not to be Shocked


I am choosing not to be shocked by the media and their scandals. Yesterday while linking up my Wordless Wednesday post I came across a post by Karly of Three in Three. She used many words and asked linkers to please stop and read. 

I stopped and read what she had and say. I agree with her point that the shock value in the reports of the USAF scandal is so high as to instill a belief that this does not happen. Most of today's media is meant to shock us.

 
 

I had not heard about this scandal but then I never read or listen to the news as I find little value in it. Karly does not directly share the details of the scandal and I did not hop over to read them. What she does share is the heart of this scripture:

John 8:3-7
The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”
Relationships between training officers and recruits happen across the board in all branches of military service and are most often consensual between adult parties. They are both well aware of the risk involved in such relationships but maybe it is the thrill of possibly getting caught or the impulsiveness of youth that it still happens.

And I say:


From 

Dinah and the Shechemites Genesis 34:1-3

David and Bathsheba 2 Samuel 11

to

Paul's call in 1 Corinthians 7:8
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Our shock says that sin in the world is unexpected but the Word tells us:

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

My chosen response should be that of Christ. 

1. Not to judge for I am not without sin 
John 8:3-7 
“If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone"
2. Extend forgiveness for I need forgiveness
Luke 23:34 
“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
 3. Pray for their salvation and coming to know the Lord as someone prayed for me.
John 17:20 
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message,
I am choosing not to be shocked, what are you choosing today? 

As Always

Enjoyed this post subscribe to Edwards Granddaughter to receive FREE updates — by email. Don’t miss a post! Also follow us on  Pinterest and Twitter and like us on  Facebook



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Linking with Tell me a storyJust WriteOn your heart Tuesday,