Monday, June 4, 2012

Words Are Powerful { 5 Days to Better Communication}



Have you ever taken the time to consider the power of words?


Or


Just wondered how powerful your personal words are?


It seems like I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about this very problem. I am not sure what made me think I was qualified to write a series called 5 Days to Better Communication.

I have always felt a struggle here.  


When I read Matthew 12:36-37
But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”


I want my words to count.


God gave us words. It is the human use of words that determines weather we are using them to glorify God or further our sin.

A little history of words:

  • With words God spoke the world into being  - Powerful
  • With words Satan talked Eve into first sin - Moving
  • With words Jesus spoke and many were healed - Life changing


Words are powerful. Words move us to action. Words change our lives.



In Matthew 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”


Jesus shows us the true meaning of our words, if we believe what we say our words will move mountains.


Jesus used words to communicate effectively. 


All spoke well of him and were amazed at the gracious words that came from his lips. “Isn’t this Joseph’s son?” they asked.  


With Jesus as my guide join me as I attempt to  guide you through my journey of learning to communicate effectively with my boys. 


Do I choose to glorify God with my words or do I just want to be right?



Enjoyed this post subscribe to Edwards Granddaughter to receive FREE updates — by email. Don’t miss a post! Also follow us on  Pinterest and Twitter and like us on  Facebook


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner