Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Choosing Reflection {Word-less Wednesday}

I have been thinking about Edwards Granddaughter, when I created her I had only one plan for her. 


I wanted to encourage others to choose actively in their lives by sharing my daily choices. I find it hard to believe that an entire year has gone by.  I am amazed by how much this process has enhanced my life. 




I have great plans for Edwards Granddaughter; it is much more than just another blog to me but a major part of who I am. 




I hope to continue to grow in the Lord as she grows and matures into a Chooser's community



Today I choose to share some reflections.

Migraines have always been a part of my life. I accept that they will continue to be a part of who I am. 

Reflection: Possible death motivates us to actions.

I was saddened when this reflection hit my thoughts. Thirteen years ago when my kidneys were failing I was inspired by the fact that my life was begin suddenly shorten. I completely changed the way that I ate and lived. God blessed the changes I had made and now my kidneys are stable.

Why do I find it so hard to apply that level of commitment to other areas of my life?

Can I only commit to choosing life alliterating change when my life hangs in the balance?

I am choosing to change this.

I am starting the migraine diet with the 10-Day Eat Clean Challenge with She Shines Wellness. The migraine diet requires you to eat mainly fresh foods and helps you see which food can trigger your migraines. Eating healthy can never be a bad thing and although I am not ready for the green smoothies, I am ready to put aside the excuses and strive for better health.

As green as it gets
My First Green smoothie, not bad

Watching Forks Over Knives was a major encouragement to put aside what the doctors are saying and eat a more whole foods diet. I am also working on getting the family on board.





Biblical point I made to hubby and the boys as I tried to sell this concept.
Genesis 2
9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food.16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;  

Adam and Eve did not start eating animals till after sin entered the world and they were casted out of the Garden of Eden. 

I am choosing to take the necessary time to adjust to my new way of living and focusing on improving my health. I pray that as my health improves you will be hearing from me more constantly, until then, I will try to post a few time a week. 


My favorite exercise programs
I hope this will also be a time where I can focus on getting better organized. 

How are you choosing to care for your temple?


As Always

Enjoyed this post subscribe to Edwards Granddaughter to receive FREE updates — by email. Don’t miss a post! Also follow us on  Pinterest and Twitter and like us on  Facebook



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Linking with Mosaic MondaysMotivated MondayTell me a storyWhat I learnedOn your heart TuesdayJust WriteThought Provoking ThursdayImperfect prose,