Friday, August 5, 2011

Saturday9 Tonight

Saturday 9: I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight

1. Have you ever lost a lover and spent way too much time wondering what they were doing?

No. How do you lose a lover?

2. What was your favorite vacation ever?

Hard to say, I’ll go with Los Vegas, Nevada.

3. Do you like surprises? If yes, what kinds? Or are you one of those people who absolutely has to know what's going on before it happens?

Not fond of surprises. What if I do not like it, I might hurt someones feeling. Prep-time is always a good thing.

4. Have you ever written a poem? Feel free to share one. Or even a dirty limerick is OK.

Yes, but very long ago. I have not written a poem since college. I wrote something similar for my blog.

What a beautiful summer day….

The warmth of the sun
The green of the trees.
The white cotton clouds
The clear blue sky

The grasshoppers are flying
The birds are singing
The ants are busy
The cicada are shrilling

The sun rises early
The sun setting late
The beautiful colors
Of a warm summer day

I thank you, God, for the many changing seasons
I thank you, God, for this season of summer
I thank you, God, for pray walks
I thank you, God, for walks with my sons
I thank you, God, for that time of bonding

5. Did anything interesting show up in your mail lately besides the bills?

A very small box of honey nut Cheerios. Do not get much mail, not even bills, so this was a welcomed surprise.

6. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? Family members don't count.

I think friendships are very important and have quite a few that have lasted more than ten years. I guess depending on the level of friendship they will last a life time.

7. Do you own a pet? If so, do you buy them presents for holidays? Do you consider your pet(s) spoiled? If you don't own one, do you think you will one day?

No, not quite sure. My son is, according to him, dying for a pet, any pet. He really wants a dog, but all I can see is the mess it will make and the work falling on me, like a ton of bricks. I have enough to do already, but never say never.

8. It's Friday afternoon and you're planning your weekend. What's on your agenda on a hot August night?

Racing to organized the boys home-school supplies and ordering books that should have been ordered a while back. Spent most of my night so far printing their school year calendars.

9. What's your worst nervous habit?

Believe it or not, cleaning. I clean every any anything, I have to keep moving and doing something when I am nervous.
and thanks once again for joining me at the Saturday9 blog hop.