Friday, September 30, 2011

Better Late Than Never


This morning I did not have a Brag On God post. I was busy redecorating my mother’s place. But there is always a reason to brag about what God is doing in our lives. 
As the day wore on, I decided to head out for some additional items that I needed for the house. I told My Boys, who know how much I love IKEA that I would only be an hour in the store.

Game Set, Match.

The scripture that had impacted my heart during my time with God this morning was Romans 5:
 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
    3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
    4 perseverance, character; and character, hope.
    5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

I was proud of my self; I made it through the store in record time.

So what did god teach me? Too be still, and enduring in patience.

How did I learn this lesson to persevere in the character of Christ?

Well, after my record trip through the store, we had to pick up my mother’s bed from the warehouse staff. While my husband loaded the car, my mother and I waited for them to bring our bed in from the warehouse. After 30 minutes, we inquire from the warehouse agent as to why it was taking so long. The agent told us to come back after the store had closed to pick up the bed.

WHAT!

How does one get in the store after its closed? That sounding kind of wired we asked to speak with a manager. After speaking with the manager a deal was reached. They would deliver the bed for free on Saturday. Would you believe that arranging the free delivery too another 90 minutes?

In the great scheme of things why total IKEA trip took only four hours, but that was more than half what it should have.

But I walked away with my peace in tact and a lesson from God. That things do still work out even when we patiently endure and let the Character of Christ lead us and not the world’s example.