Friday, September 2, 2011

Just Enough


God give me Just Enough Light For The Step I Am On.  I am not sure where or when I came across the book with this title but every since that day I have has that though. I have not read the book but I plan too. I love the message in that title.
Everyone’s step looks different, for some it is a path, as me for I always imagine climbing Jacob’s ladder.  I guess that with every step I feel close to God. What a comfort it is to know that God is lighting each step I take.  These words create all kinds of analogies for me.
Psalm 16:5
LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.
I am standing on my step watching God answer my prayer for light and clarity.
Psalm 19:7 
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
When standing on a step of ladder, we have to be still and focus on what we are doing or we have problems. In waiting for the Lord to light our next step we can have confidence in where we put our feet. We see the blessing of being patience and steadfast for Christ.

Our family has 19 days before we give us our current home and routine to move. A step of faith, I trust that God goes before us and has a place prepared for us. So I pray for light to focus on the step, I am on not worrying about the next step. I watch my sons continue to give their hearts here - an answered prayer. We are choosing to live in the here an now, not where we will be in a month. 

We will celebrate my eldest fourteenth birthday tomorrow --celebrating another answered prayer. On his birthday, we will commemorate the special gift that God created just for us. We thank God for the blessing he has been, for all the love and joy we shared. We will celebrate that he has made it through another year of his life in good health, steadily growing in the Lord – another answered prayer. We will thank God for drawing my son’s heart closer to him day by day.

It has been a God filled week. I have recognized many miracles and blessing on the step I am on. I will continue to pray: God give me just enough light for the step I am on not allowing worry for tomorrow to creep in. (Matthew 6)  

25 "I tell you, do not worry. Don't worry about your life and what you will eat or drink. And don't worry about your body and what you will wear. Isn't there more to life than eating? Aren't there more important things for the body than clothes?

 27 "Can you add even one hour to your life by worrying?

 31 "So don't worry. Don't say, 'What will we eat?' Or, 'What will we drink?' Or, 'What will we wear?' 32 People who are ungodly run after all of those things. Your Father who is in heaven knows that you need them.
 33 "But put God's kingdom first. Do what he wants you to do. Then all of those things will also be given to you.
 34 "So don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

My Father in heaven known what I need and among the chaos of this life He is providing just enough light for me.