Thursday, September 1, 2011

Power Weather

What’s your book with weather events? Hurricanes? Tornadoes? Blizzards? Real? Fiction? Doesn’t matter … weather comes up a lot in books, so there’s got to be a favorite somewhere, huh?
The first book that came to me was Mama Day. I read it a very long time ago and really enjoyed it. It did seem to have some very important weather in the story. 
After thinking some more, I found myself wondering why it was so hard to think of a more recent book with weather. Then I though of Noah and the Great Flood, after all I am reading the Bible for an hour everyday. The Bible does have some very interesting weather, some curious things fall from the sky.
Then my mind moved on to children's literature. What children's story have I read that contain weather? I though I would have an entire list but I could only think of Snow day by Ezra Keats. Great book about that to do on a snow day.
I need to find more time for my reading is the final conclusion.