Friday, November 4, 2011

Why I am Choosing

Why I am choosing to use the theme of choosing for my blog? 


This blog is where I share about my life and how I am growing in the talents God has given me. In March when I rediscovered blogging. I had been de-cluttering my home when I came across a list I had made in 1999. It was a list of things I had hoped to accomplish in six months. One of the items was working on my then homestead blog. I had fell off the wagon.


Life had gotten in the way of me and I was searching to find the next chapter. I had also just found out that a close friend was in hospice care. It was happening way too fast. I thought of her children, how young they were, how quickly it all happened. It took me a while to deal with someone so young dying so quickly. In less than two years she was gone.
It had been two years since we lived next door to each other and my grieving was increased. Death is so final. But, she had lived life to the fullest. In a way, Leanna was granted a special blessing from God. I realized that she had accomplished all that he had planned for her and in doing so impacted many people in her world.


Was I living my life to the fullest?


Then in May, my life was impacted by death again. Death was close and yet so far. My Great Uncle Joe, a man of faith had passed. As I thought of him and God, I found me. And so Edwards Granddaughter was born in honor of the two brothers who taught me about God.
And everyday when I post, and choose what I share from my life; God is bringing me closer to him.


God blessed me with many talents and he created me with the power to choose, he is astonishing in that way.
Psalm 139:13-16For you created my inmost being: you knit me together in my mother's womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
I am choosing to make some changes to my blog, hoping to become more of a professional blogger but trying to make sure that God is in every choice.


So that however I choose to make money doing this, I will remember that I choose first and foremost to follow God's leading in my life. Making sure that it is about him and not about me.


I hope everyone enjoys the new layout as I try to light my small corner of the blogger sphere and bears with me as I find my path.


I want to encourage my readers to activity choose in their lives. To be aware that they are each making a Pilgrim's Progress with active chooses along the way.


Whether we are choosing what to buy, how to teach our children or how to respond with joy in a not so pleasant moment, by actively choosing we can all glorify God.

sharing with Thought Provoking ThursdaysBrag on God Friday,