Friday, December 16, 2011

A Very Me Christmas

My Christmas post went live this morning at Homemakers Challenge - "Our Little Drummer Boy Christmas." I talk about how our family choose to celebrate Christmas in 2010 and our plans for this year. 


Last Christmas, our family tried an experiment. We celebrated Christmas in a truly different way and coined the phrase Little Drummer Boy Christmas.

Although this has been a challenge Christmas season for our family we are very thankful for all that God has placed on our hearts to love all people deeply. Check out the article and let me know what you think.


I am choosing to live differently. 
I was thinking about my Homemakers Challenge - "Our Little Drummer Boy Christmas" post this morning and realized that I wanted to include an update. The lesson we learned last Christmas really prepared my children for the challenges we faced this year. God has an amazing way of preparing our hearts for the next challenge. Little did I know on Christmas 2010 that we would not be in a position this Christmas to get our children gifts. Aside from not having any where to put them our basic living expenses have been higher than normal. Throughout these last three months our children have been amazing and really happy. 


God knew that by having our family change the direction of our holiday celebration we would have been prepared to have a great Christmas this year with much less. As we head to Grandma next week, they will be no present, but our Christmas will be filled with family, friends, love and happiness beyond measure.


God has blessed us with a home for the New Year and we are looking forward to what he has planned.


Another amazing heart Scripture:

Proverbs 30:7-9
 7 “Two things I ask of you, LORD;
   do not refuse me before I die:
8 Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
   give me neither poverty nor riches,
   but give me only my daily bread. 

9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
   and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’
Or I may become poor and steal,
   and so dishonor the name of my God.
Again, Keep Choosing