Monday, January 9, 2012

Choosing the Word



After a crazy day and a looming migraine I am Choosing to share ten scriptures that served me well in 2011. 

James 4:7-8
 7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

Numbers 23:19-20
19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. 
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? 
20 I have received a command to bless; he has blessed, and I cannot change it.

2 Peter 3:8-9
 8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Psalm 91:9-11
 9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, 
10 no harm will overtake you, 
no disaster will come near your tent. 
11 For he will command his angels concerning you 
to guard you in all your ways;

Hebrews 8:12
12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Romans 8:28
 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Deuteronomy 4:29
29 But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Psalm 34:18
18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Hebrews 13:5
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
   “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Matthew 28:20
20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.