Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rejoicing Influence



As I choose the scriptures I share, I am amazed at what in pacts my heart from the very familiar verse I love, so please be GLAD and REJOICE with me.

Words are very important to me, deep pause. I have always loved the mysteries of them. In a wired way I have taught my boys to embrace the true meaning of words. Many times in an effort to correct their usage we have gone to the dictionary. 

A good example is the word bored as mothers we hear this word quite a bit. I had the boys look up the meaning. The word does not mean you have nothing to do but that you lack interest in what you do have. Can we all not  find a few scriptures to disciple that attitude. 

Amen...
Philippians 2:4
4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
Attitude is another wordless that gets a bad rap. We tent to tell our children how we do not like their attitude , when we always have an attitude. The question I usually have for my boys when they are not displaying the right attitude is your attitude like that of Christ. The question should always be, "Do we have a humble attitude or an attitude in need of repentance."
Philippians 2:5-8
 5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
 6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing,
   taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
   being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
   he humbled himself
   and became obedient to death—
      even death on a cross!

My point in tonight's post is this no matter what we do as parents we are going to influence your children. How are you choosing to influence your children.

I have a few more years before I know rather my influence on the boys was what I am intending, but I am thankful to be able to choose to use God's Word to influence them now with the hope that they will grow into strong men of God.

How about you, what are you thankful for or rejoicing in today?