Friday, February 3, 2012

Run to Him: Waiting



When I took up the Run to Him Study I wanted to share at least five scriptures from one of the psalms that impacted my heart.

Psalms is a very encouraging and heart felt book. David has a great heart for God and we feel and hear his passion as we read the words.

In Psalm 27:13-14 David says:

13 I remain confident of this: 
   
I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 

14 Wait for the LORD; 
   
be strong and take heart 
   
and wait for the LORD.

He has confidents in the Lord, but he ends with the command to be strong and take heart while waiting for the Lord. 

I needed this scripture this week. Lately I feel like my entire life is in a holding pattern. I just want to rush in and land many of the planes instead of waiting on flight control.

Sometimes, waiting for a difficult situation to change or even for a heart change is the most difficult part.  

I consistently have to remind my self to be still and wait on God.

I just love the command of this. I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living so I should wait for the Lord.

Psalm 31:23-24

 23 Love the LORD, all his faithful people! 
   
The LORD preserves those who are true to him, 
 
but the proud he pays back in full. 

24 Be strong and take heart, 
   
all you who hope in the LORD.

After reading Psalm 31, I was a little confused it was saying the same things. I honestly thought that I had read the same Psalm a second time.

What to do when confused?  I opened both Psalms side-by-side and compared. Doing this on day two of my reading helped me to see that David ended both these Psalms with the same charge.

In Psalm 31 we have hope in the Lord and in Psalm 27 we wait on the Lord but both time we are being asked to “be strong and take heart.”

The big reveal for me was when I noticed how David did not imply that waiting would be easy. His message is clear we need to be strong in our hearts when waiting on the Lord.

Life is never easy but when we choose to love and trust in God the blessing do come.

Choosing to be a patient child of God, after this week’s reading what are you choosing? Please share in the comments, I love to learn from others.



Beholding Glory