Monday, February 6, 2012

A Strong Heart



I have been mediating on
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; 
   
be strong and take heart 
   
and wait for the LORD.

Maybe it is just my season of life. I am older, my children are older and although I have always been very grateful for everyday that the Lord has blessed me with; I seem to be in a holding pattern lately. I am and have been waiting for the Lord.

I need His direction for my life and as I pray for answers. As I attempt to hold on to his promise in

1 Peter 5:6
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

I wonder what more can I do or give.

Am I submitting my self to God so that I can resist the devil or am I letting him in?

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

My time here is limited and as my children will go on I pray God never be far from them. I pray for my husband, Lord strengthen and protect him.

Arrogance it seems is my friend, but then I turn to the Word and read 

1 Peter 5:6-11
6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Not only do I need to go humbly before God, but also I can cast the anxiety of tomorrow on Him because He takes care of me. When I am no longer here to pray for my boys and my hubby God will care for them.
The passage continues
8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
Is it not heart wrenching that certain challenges in life open us up to being devoured? Not only do we have the challenge but we also have to be careful of how we walk during those challenging times. When we are fearful and worried, scared and uncertain our decision can lack the necessary faith in God.
I honestly hear David’s call to be strong and take heart. Stand firm on what you believe and give your heart to God no matter the circumstances, convinced that he will answer and lift you up when the time is right.
The waiting can be gut wrenching but Peter continues:
10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

What a wonderful promise. The God of all grace will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast for his glory.

No matter what arrogance says we are weak clay without the master to mold us.

Romans 8:26
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

As we pray, on our knees before God, the Spirit will intercede for us with the right words and help us to find the guidance we so desperately need.

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

When we are weak, Christ is allowed to shine more brightly through us. Choosing to acknowledge my weakness and continue to wait for God’s guiding hand.
What's on your heart today, or do you see something different? Please choose to share with us.