Thursday, March 1, 2012

Am I Jaded: Booking Through Thursday


This Week's Question: Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character? Who and what about them did you love?

Am I jaded? 


I searched the annals of my mind and came to the realization that I am no longer ten. Could it be that I just no longer read fiction? 


I love classic literature, have not had the opportunity to read much of the new fiction in the last ten years. I have been working on instilling the classic and reading mainly non fiction books. 


The last character I remember loving is Anne of Green Gables. I would spent hours in our local library, reading and reading these books. I identified with her spunk and determination.


I was extremely surprised when one of my boys wanted to read the entire series. They are very big on not liking things because they are girl related. Yes at 14 and 12 they already refer to movies as chick flicks. 


I prefer the term classics to describe Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. Anne of Green Gables is a truly all inspiring book. The proof is that my son read and loved the entire series. It is that good of a book.


Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest


Recently I finished reading Have a New Husband by Friday. I then tried really hard to scrub my brain. This book was written by Dr. Kevin Leman Psychologist, radio and television personality, with Howard Sterns wit.


One quote from the book 



"To keep him purring like a contented kitten: 
Show him respect
show him he's needed in your world.
listen to him, and honor his opinion.
affirm his masculinity.
Don't ask him, "Why?"
choose you words carefully -- and streamline them.
pursue his body at will -- and put the sizzle and fun back into your relationship." 
quoted from Dr. Kevin Leman book

The tone of this book destroyed any useful information. I assume that he was trying to bring some humor to what can seem like a difficult topic but it was just plain un-noble. If you thought about reading this book, do not waste your time.

Choosing to consider what I read based on:  

Philippians 4:8

 Finally, brothers, 
whatever is true, 
whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable
—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy
—think about such things.

Or we could say: Read about such things.

How are you choosing today?