Friday, March 2, 2012

Run To Him: Are You?


Many things have happened in my life this week. They are so many thoughts on my brain, thoughts for my blog, and my life in general.

My two older boys are fasting today from sun up till sun down. I am not sure why all of our churches teens are fasting but when I awoke this morning my head was a flutter. I made donuts for breakfast following our menu and then I started thinking back to high school and my childhood. I remember joining my friends in their fast from sun up to sun down.

I am taking the day off from cooking and joining my boys in their fast. I have not fasted from food since high school. My reason behind not fasting has been I am one of those people who have to force them selves to eat. I so easily forget that my body needs food to live. It seems pointless to give up something that does not tug at my heart.

My selection from the Run to His series is Psalm 145 verses 8-21 if you want to read them in context. These scriptures are so comforting and yet so challenging. These verses begin by telling us God’s state of being. I am always challenged by asking what is my state of being. Which lead to repentance and a promise to strive harder to love like God does. As a wife, mother, friend and human being, I strive to love those He has so graciously place in my life.

 8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. 


Are You!

9 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. 


Are You!

13 The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.

Are You!

14 The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. 


Are You!

17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.

Are You!

18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. 


Are You!

20 The LORD watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.

Are You!

God has created everything our senses experience. He has taken great pleasure in us and loves us this much. I am choosing daily to make God my standard for life. I see these verses as a checklist of things we can strive for in the care of those around us. 

The question this week is Are You!