Thursday, March 22, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

Welcome to my Book Review and Booking Through Thursday Post, this week question:


Ever read a book you thought you could have written better yourself?


The honest answer is no. I have read a few books that I thought were time wasters, if only I had those hours back. Books should inspire us to change and grow. They should entertain us and take us to new and exciting places. 


Books are a part of the author's spirit and I would never think I could tells another's story better. I could never live their life so I could never tell their story.


My Book Review this weekClutter-Free Home Living by Eugenia Orr 





Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest



I enjoyed this book. She begins by tell you what clutter is and gives reasons why you should remove the clutter. Eugenia uses the Do I love / Do I use it / is it beautiful guide to decide what you will throw out but she also gives a number for how many beautiful or loved things you should keep. Many clutter books seem to skirt this issue when the point of a clutter book is motivating me to throw things out. 

A few ideas from this book that were new to me and I just loved:


  • Label your toothbrush with the date to be changed, managing a family of five it can be hard to remember to change everyone, this would help the boys learn to change their toothbrushes independently. Eugenia alternative is to change every quarter creating a routine of changing them the first of January, April, July and October.  

  • I wondered why I had never thought of this. Organizing the pantry in the same way as my local grocery store is set up. It would make writing the grocery list in that order easier and shopping quicker. I also thought it would make putting the groceries away so much easier. I added this to my to do list this week and my shopping list just need checking.

  • In chapter 8, Eugenia gives you a gives you a maintenance schedule. After all that work she want you to know how to keep your home clutter free on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
De-cluttering your home is uniquely personal, it must reflect your values and what is important for you. Clutter-Free Home Living is a good guide for helping you decide what is important and how you will maintain your home.  

Choosing to share my love of books. What are you choosing today?