Monday, March 26, 2012

Choosing to Face my Giants

The Book of Luke was by a physician called Luke!
 3 Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus,
    4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

He was a dear friend of Paul and a doctor. Colossians 4:14


I have been choosing to share more of my interesting times in the Word. Our walk with God is both personal and challenging. There are days where God's hand is clear and days like today were we wrestle to find our way.

Today I wrestle with the unknown. The things I could not possible know till God provides the answers. I am battling my Giants with the Lord.

Today I get
Mark 5:26   
She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.
I open my Bible when I have an issue because I know God directs my path to just what I need to learn. 

I had not given much thought to this woman's story or even a second look at Luke, the doctor. 

Toady I study them both out. 

Changing Doctors every three years leaves you feeling like quality medical professional are lacking.

Doctors are my giants. They seem to turn me into a temper tantrum-throwing infant. 

1. I want to know what is wrong now.   
2. I want you to fix it now. 
3. You are impotent if you cannot comply. 

I faced my Giants today I now wonder how she dealt with her doctors as she spent all she had and only got worse. She was a patient, faithful woman. 

Two other doctors mentioned in the bible are:

Asa's physicians in 
2 Chronicles 16:12
In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa became diseased in his feet. His disease was severe, yet even in his disease he did not seek the LORD, but the physicians.
It is okay to see physicians but we should also seek the Lord. Physicians are limited by earthly knowledge but God has no such limits.

Job 13:4
“But you smear with lies; You are all worthless physicians.


Job refers to his friends as worthless physicians. I know that feeling, and I cannot imagine what medicine was like in the time of Job to gain such a reference.

Ways I stepped off the narrow road:

1. I got irritated by my child's pediatrician's office.  

2. I did not wait for God.

3. I took the pediatrician's advice and went to the Emergency room.

4. I impatiently wanted an answer, reassurance, 

5. I was operating out of fear, just incase I was on the auto pilot of just in case fear

The funny thing is I am calm. I am not worried that something is really wrong with him and that worries me.  

In 2 Chronicles, Asa never sought the Lord, just his physicians and was never healed. The woman in Mark sought Jesus, when she had no were else to turn, and was healed.

What am I choosing to walk away with?

1. When facing my Giants, go to the Giant killer first
2. Handle perceived obstacles as redirection
3. Get third party advise, emotions can miss guide us
4. Acknowledge that the answer might not bring you peace
5. Trust and return to God.

How are you choosing to fight your Giants, let me know in the comments below or through an email. Would welcome the encouragement.

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings