Friday, March 9, 2012

Run to Him: God Never Forgets ME



Hebrews 13:5-6
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money,
being content with what you have;
for He Himself has said,
“I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU,
NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU,”
so that we confidently say,
   “THE LORD IS MY HELPER,
I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. 

WHAT WILL MAN DO TO ME?”

The Bible is one of the ways God reminds us of all He has done. Last year when I read through the Bible in 90 days, I was amazed at the lengths God when to with the Israelites to create a memory.  After they had been in Egypt for so long as slaves they had forgotten His promises. The generation that felt lead by God, the man that said to his brothers “5 Now do not be grieved or angry with yourselves, because you sold me here, for God sent me before you to preserve life. “ (Exodus 45:5) was gone. The Israelites throughout the generations under hard labor in Egypt had lost all that their God had done.

God uses the miracles of the ten plagues to create a new memory with them. God commands them to remember how He rescued them from Egypt.

Psalm 77:11
I shall remember the deeds of the LORD;
Surely I will remember Your wonders of old.

Psalm 77:3
When I remember God,
then I am disturbed;
When I sigh,
then my spirit grows faint. Selah.


In psalm 77 we are lead in remembering God’s wonderful deeds. The psalmist is seeking God and as he cries out, he remembers how God delivered the sons of Jacob and Joseph.

Remembering reassures us and brings us comfort.

Psalm 105:5
Remember His wonders which
He has done,
His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth,


Psalm 105:8
He has remembered His covenant forever,
The word which He commanded to a thousand generations,


Psalm 105:42-45
For He remembered His holy word 

With Abraham His servant; 

And He brought forth His people with joy, 

His chosen ones with a joyful shout. 

He gave them also the lands of the nations, 

That they might take possession of the fruit of the peoples’ labor, 

So that they might keep His statutes 

And observe His laws, 
Praise the LORD!

The psalmist in Psalm 105 is also recounting the history of God’s rescue of Israel. God reminds us so that we will obey. We will have full confidence that He is good and just. He wants the best for us and when He tugs at our hearts we will follow because we remember.

Isaiah 49:15

“Can a woman forget her nursing child
And have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
but I will not forget you.


After all this talk of remembering, I remind you, the reader that God will not forget you. He has promised us that.

 I choose to follow and remember and have confidence that My God never forgets me, what are you choosing…


Beholding Glory