Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Choosing Cliff Notes




A few of my favorite house hold rules come from the 21 rules of this house. These rules have hung in our home for about twelve years and as mom I do my best to maintain them.  My favorite rules from this list are:

14. We do not create unnecessary work for others.

15. When we open something, we close it.

16. When we take something out, we put it away.

17. When we turn something on, we turn it off.

18. When we make a mess, we clean it up.

as they are essential in maintaining a clean and tidy home.

If we only follow rules 15 and 16 my kitchen desk would never look like this:



My simplify project this week was my kitchen desk but what I quickly realized once I started was it simply required me to put items away. I was a bit disappointed but it was a good reminder of 
Proverbs 6:6-8 
Go to the ant, 
O sluggard, 
 
Observe her ways and be wise, 
 
Which, having no chief, 
Officer or ruler, 
 
Prepares her food in the summer 
And gathers her provision in the harvest.
The most important lesson from the ant is that she chooses to prepare.

When we take time to choose do the small things they never turn into the big things.


I have chosen to live simply, carefully guarding my choices but remember that life and God does tend to intervene with the lessons we must learn. After having our family battling various health issues these past two weeks I am grateful for my simple choices.

What choices are you choosing to be grateful for this week?
If you enjoyed this post, please stay awhile and read and choose to share Edwards Granddaughter with a friend. You can also subscribe by email and like us on Facebook, join us on Pinterest and Twitter. You can also email me @ Edwardsgranddaughter.gmail.com.