Monday, September 10, 2012

Consciously Choosing to Get Fit & Healthy #1



Recently I have had the opportunity to consciously reflect on my health habits. When I my health started to fail in March, I wondered why. Although I will never quite know why my health once again started to fail, I learned that through evaluating my habits I could choose to improve my healthy living habits.

Dependence on Doctors
Dependence on medications
IS NOT A SOLUTION!  

Last week Friday I wrote about my First Bad Habit: eating badly when on vacation and made a pledge to myself that I would not do that on this vacation.  I am happy to report that I did really well. It was not convenient but it was well worth the extra effort.

I was upset that not all restaurants were willing to adjust their menu items to fit within my rigid guidelines but I found many pearls along the way.

Today begins a twelve-week journey for me as I join with 19 blogging friends to encourage and inspire each other as we all try to lose weight and live healthier lives.

I am excited for this opportunity. Every Monday we will be blogging about our journey. I will be posting a picture of my scales as I attempt to lose 20 pounds.

My First scale weighing in at 135 and my scripture inspiration.

I will not be eating any sugar, flour, rice, pasta, meat, milk, yogurt, cheese and process foods.  I will only be eating fresh or frozen fruits, vegetables and water.

Pictures of my meals:
FRUITS
VEGETABLES
LEMON WATER
NEW FAV GREEN SMOOTHIES




I had surgery 22 months ago and have only been recently cleared to exercise. I will be starting my exercise portion very slowly with the WII Fit Plus and Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 5-Day Fit Walk.