Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Prepared to Answer When Consciously Choosing to Get Fit & Healthy



On of the major issue with trying to lost weight can be the support of friends and family. It can be challenging to commit to a weight lost plan when your hubby is eating all kinds of deserts. Fortunately for me, I have a very supportive hubby. 

But, when I tell friends that I am trying to lose weight the response is not exactly encouraging.

They say things like:
“But you are already so tiny.”
Or
“From where!”

In many peoples mind a women of 5’2” who weighs 135 does not need to lose weight. 

I get it, I am of small stature but there lies my problem.

After sitting through a few meals with my friends and having cookies baked for me by my neighbor I wanted to share with you, my readers, why I want to lose twenty pounds.

A picture is worth a thousand words:


  • I would like to take fewer pills or none at all.
  • I want to be as healthy as possible.
  • What I eat and how I care for my body is one of the few things I can control.
  • For my bone structure I am on the high end of my weight.
  • My bones hurt all the time; I mean I can feel my bones hurting.
  • My number one reason for losing twenty pounds is: my nephrologists told me I needed to lose twenty pounds. 

News I found very surprising. It took me some time to process this new information. 

On my next office visit, I asked her, "Why I needed to lose 20 pounds?"

She explained that with the condition of my kidneys any extra weight was causing them to work harder. Losing the weight would help ease the strain on my kidneys and bodies. 

I have had a difficult time with my health beginning 2012 and so I am committed to a healthier lifestyle and losing those 20 pounds.

We should always be prepared in all circumstances to answer for our choices. 

The scales this week said:

The 60th birthday dinner for my girl friend:

My only form of exercise so far:

Choosing to keep moving forward.

Interested in following my daily progress check out my reports on Edwards Granddaughter Facebook page and Instagram @Edwardsgranddaughter for all the wonderful pictures.

Click here for an introduction to each of the bloggers, which includes a summary of their goals and plans for this 12-week series.

Our Pinterest board with great finds and tips

As Always,

Short cut to this series