Sunday, October 23, 2011

Finding Motivation

What will motivate me during this season?


Motivational Scripture: Mark 8
34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

This week I will be using this scripture to motivate me. I really need to deny myself and focus on taking care of my children’s needs. 
  • I have a roof over my head
  • I am with people who love me
  • Yes, I miss my husband and having my own home but I will 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4)
 My semi-planned week @ Grandmas  
1. Homeschooling will continue this week as we get more organized.
2. My houseplants seem to have picked up gnats. SO I will be on the attack against them this week. 
Things I am trying:
  • placed half a moth ball in each cup to kill the larvae.
  • stopped watering them since they live in the dirt
  • placed apple cider vinegar in a small jar near the plants to catch the flying ones.
  • place clear tape around the plant cups to prevent further infection.
  • emptied one fourth of the topsoil out to get out the eggs.
  • washed the roots of the plant that I think started the infection.
  • the plants are in plastic drinking cups temporary for easy moving. So I will change the cups.
  • I am considering keeping all my plants in water until we are in permanent housing, but I will see how they do this week.
3. I work on setting up our 2012 budget and financial goals.
4. Work on my pray list: 
  • Praying for friends who have needs. If you would like me to pray for you please leave your request in the comments. I would be honored to do so.
  • God to open my eyes to learning and growing opportunities before me.
  • The continual softening of my children’s hearts. 
  • Pray for our housing situation 
 5. Scrap-booking some picture frames for  Grandma
 6. I did six blog post this last week. 
 Posting:
  1. The Last Book
  2. Too Short
  3. Time
  4. Angel, my dying plant
  5. Right to be silent
  6. Motivation
  7. I missed my seventh post this week. Blogging has been more challenging now that I no longer have a workspace. In my current situation I am willing to let this go as I focus on what we can learn from our day to day.
8. I am still maximizing my mornings during the fall session. It is so fun having that extra incentive to get up early.  
9. I am excited to take part in 
Beholding Glory
over @ Beholding Glory. 
     A little something for us all. God has created a time and place in our lives for everything we do. I will focus on his timing for my life this week, how about you.
Thanks for reading.