Monday, December 12, 2011

Planning - Drifting Edition 1

The scripture on my heart this week is 


With the Christmas Holidays only twelve days away, I was wondering what some of your thoughts are on this scripture.


For me I feel like it is a call to never ending grace bestowed upon our love ones and families. We forgive and continue to love because it is for God's glory, after all it is not about me. 


The goal this time of year is not to let satan create enemies of our love ones and steal our job but to focus on the birth of Christ and his sacrifice for us.


In this week before Christmas, I am working on getting my heart set to spend christmas with my family in New York. We are praying for our housing situation and have added to our pray list. The boys are making fiends and we are slowly figuring things out. 


My semi-planned week drifting edition
1. Homeschooling last week till after the new year, hello 2012.   

2. Working on my prayer list. I found a great app for this.
  • Praying for friends who have needs. 
  • Praying that we have a home to move into by January first, if not sooner. Also that our current living arrangement continues to go well. 
  • God to open my eyes to the learning and growing opportunities before me.
  • The continual softening of my children's hearts
  • For the new relationships that we are all building and that we are all open to sharing our hearts and lives.
3. I will aim for any blog post week. Our transition is making blogging consistently a challenge. I am planning to really tackle this issue in January after the New Year holidays. I will work hard on making vision for this blog a reality.  
Posting the week of December 5:
5.  Missed opportunity 
6.  Missed opportunity
7.  Missed opportunity, these three post titles are to remind me of what I lost. My Family is very important to be and I accept that this is a time where a lot of difficult things have happened and continue to happen. I am choosing to put first things first. Thanks to all my reader for continuing to visit and read me during this time. I do have a lot more to share.

4. I also have a post @Homemakers Challenge an article called Our Little Drummer Boy Christmas which goes live on Friday, December 16, 2011.


5. This is my last maximizing my mornings week. I will not be signing up for the next session but will again in May, once my life is more settled.

6. We will be working intentionally on helping our boys build new friendships. This is really starting to go well, as all the boys are happy with the relationships they are building.

7. I have a lot of organizing and planning for 2012 I will start working on this week.

What are my current blessings?
  • I was blessed this past week with an unbelievable amount of God's grace. It is a great blessing when we are given the chance to repent.
  • The boys are really starting to give their hearts and we finally have a plan in place for helping my wild child adjust.
  • We finally by the grace of God reconnected with some good friends we had lost touch with. It was funny with no phone number and an address we could not find with our GPS, God guided us to their home.
  • Being in Virginia is a great blessing.
  • Having a place to stay as a family and friends who have taken us in, God is so good to me.

Please choose to let me know what your thoughts on my scripture are.