Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week 9 Goals


My focus scripture for this week is

On going Projects:
1. Meal planning - creating a basic guide menu
2. Creating a weekly routine
3. Rebuilding and super gluing the boys Lego. 
4. My Homemakers Challenge monthly post
5. Putting together our two thousand pieces Coca-Cola puzzle
Motivation 101: teaching my boys. You do not quit because an activity requires more work from us that expected. I shall be posting pictures of my progress. I was really happy to get the frame all most done. I am missing three pieces from the edge. I am now working on all the words but there are a lot of words.



My goals for this week are:

1. For my time in the Word:
My focus scripture for this week is from Psalm 145, which has taken on new meaning for me. This chapter has really been impacting my heart. The verse of the week is:

8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love. 

9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.

This past week Psalms 103 lead me to do a heart check. Looking at God compassion for me lead me to question my compassion for my family.

As I mediate Psalm 145, I am asking a hard question. 

Am I compassionate to my family?
Does my family see my compassion for them? 
Within every choice am I judging them or showing them Godly compassion?
                                                                           
 2. For my time in Prayer:       
      IntentionalByGrace.comPraying daily for my hubby with accountability from LeighAnn at Intentional by Grace. You can join us or just read about her journey at A Surrendered Marriage.
  •    For the new relationships that we are all building and that we are all open to sharing our hearts and lives.
  •       Praying for my children that they may build great friendship. The continual softening of my children's hearts.  
  •       Praying for the women in Group 95 Hello Morning Challenge that they may have an awesome morning time with our Lord.       
  •       Praying for friends and extended family that have needs. 
  • For God to open my eyes to the learning and growing opportunities before me.
       
3. As an AC for the Hello Morning Challenge with Inspired to Action I will be sharing a verse from Psalms each day that goes with the Run to Him bible study. This week Psalms are 63, 35, & 145.  

4. Homeschooling: Completing our school schedule daily

5. Meal planning: there is finally a guide menu on the refrigerator but now I have to make a grocery list that matches our plan.

6. Blogging daily 

Last week blog roll:
1. My elusive seventh post is still eluding me.
7. Week 8 Goals  

7. Continuing de-cluttering my home: this week’s task is the home school supplies.

8. I finished reading
  
Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest
 


This book was painful to read. I did not enjoy the tone of the book. 


This week I will start reading:
Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest


This book is about changing and starting over, so I think it will give me some perspective on our new adventure here in Virginia. 



I am also starting to listen to audio books; this week’s challenge will be listening to
Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest
I am trying this to accomplish more but I have a hard listening to books much prefer the process of reading.

My basic goal for 2012 is to finish reading a book per week. 

9. Working out for an hour each day. I am trying different programs for this. This week I will be comparing the WII active to the Xbox 360 Your Shape to see which one I will keep. They both seem to be a lot of fun, but the active is a bit temperamental with the remotes. 

10. Organizing my computer files.  It is amazing how easy it is to collect Internet clutter. This is turning into a bigger project than I thought.

What are you motivated to accomplish this week?


Linking with: Becolorful