I had been doing the Run to Him bible study of the book of Psalm and this week I am sharing what God placed on my heart.
I find the book of Psalms amazing and as I have read them countless time I am awake that God is moving my eyes and mind to see something different each time.
I started the week asking: where would I rather be?
My question came after reading Psalm 84 verse 10
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside.
I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Then I began my week and every morning I open my laptop and reading either Psalm 84, 91 or 71.
As, I moved through my week I began to ponder another question.
Is it just me life or do these things happen to everyone?
- One of my boys is an extreme picky eater and after all this time something about the situation is on my heart, not sure what yet.
- I had 2 severe migraines this week
- My body is refusing to adjust to the time change
- My husband bike broke while he was riding it and only a few week after he fell off and hurt his arm
- Then there is all that other stuff rising gas and food prices
My life can seem overwhelming but then I read the book of Psalm and I realized this is life. The book of Psalm clearly shows the ups and downs of people’s life.
The writers of Psalms are consistently praising God for what He has done but they also ask God to rescue them. There is so much encouragement in that.
Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked,
from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel.
The psalmist has faith in God’s ability to take care of their problems big or small.
For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
I will ever praise you.
We have problems in this life and the choice to turn like the palmist did to God and seek his guidance and help or to try and do it on our own.
Now before you decide that things are going well; you are doing just fine on your own please consider as the Palmist did the character of God.
A day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside because:
- No one is like my God, no one
- He is righteousness Psalm 71:2
- He rescues Psalm 91:14-16
- He is my refuge protecting me from harm Psalm 91:9-12
- He gives me hope Psalm 71: 5,14
- He is my strength
- No good thing does he withhold Psalm 84:11
- I am blessed when I trust in Him Psalm 84:12
- He restores Psalm 71:20-21
- He delivers Psalm 71:23
- My God never changes
What does he require of us:
That we love Him
“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
That we acknowledge Him
If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
Choosing to inspire you to choose, what inspired you this week?
Other Post in this series: